The philosophy of ASCOS is to bring together all sciences involved in optical (bio)chemical sensors. As we intend to keep the level of the course as high and the tutor-student interaction
as effective as possible, the number of participants is limited to around 60.
Participants are chosen based on an application basis, taking into account their scientific excellence and and background as well as their activities in related fields.
For the application for ASCOS 2019, please prepare the following documents:
- the completed and signed ASCOS 2019 application form,
- a 1-page CV,
- in case you are a junior researcher (i.e. below PhD level), a letter of recommendation from your supervisor, and
- in case of applying for a reduced fee, your reasons for that request, and
- a list of publications.
merge them into a single pdf file and e-mail it to a.giannetti(AT)ifac.cnr.it
A notification of acceptance will be sent via email individually to all successful applicants together with final registration and payment details.
Registration and Grant Application Deadline:
Notification of Acceptance
In case you have not received any answer to your application by that date, please contact the organisers immediatedly!
Final Registration Deadline:
Payment Due Date:
Please note that we have to add a 20% surcharge to late payments.
Specially Discounted Registration Fee: 500 €
A limited number of sponsored discounted registration fees will be provided to bona-fide students who apply for it.
The registration fee includes admission to the course and all social events, ASCOS 2019 course materials, accommodation (8 days / 7 nights), full board and coffee breaks.
- All payments must be made in Euros.
- Payment may by made by bank transfer or by credit card.
Detailed payment instructions will be sent individually to all successful applicants.
Please note that
- all payments must be received prior to June 15, 2019
- we have to add a 20% surcharge to late payments
- cancellation fees apply
Please do not transfer any money before having received official notification of acceptance!