The Socket++ Project Homepage will be moved to www.linuxhacker.at/socket++.
New Releases can be found on the new site. Please update your link.
Socket++ library defines a family of C++ classes that can be used more
effectively than directly calling the underlying low-level system functions.
One distinct advantage of the socket++ is that it has the same interface
as that of the iostream so that the users can perform type-safe input output.
See your local IOStream library documentation for more information on iostreams.
Socket++ was developed by Gnanasekaran Swaminathan <email@example.com>.
However, it appears that the development has ended. The latest version released
by him is 1.11.
Lauri Nurmi <firstname.lastname@example.org> modified the source code to make Socket++ compile with recent GCC versions (under Linux, i386): "I have not added any new features, just made the code more standard-conforming" (see http://users.utu.fi/lanurm/socket++/)
Documentation for Socket++: HTML-Docu
- 2003-04-27: 1.12.10: bugfix uninitialized sockerr variable err can lead to a segmentation fault in the caller exception handler, if he calls errstr().
- 2003-04-10: uploading RPM, SRPM for Redhat 8.0 and Debian Packages for SID. This are not "official" packages only for easy testing!
- 2003-04-09: Jason Toffaletti got in touch with Sekar Swaminathan and it seemed to me, that there is no problem with sourcecode modification.
- 2003-04-04: Joel Young reported a license problem (modification of the sourcecode is not explicity allowed and sending some links (boost discussion, boost-socket)
- 2003-04-03: 1.12.9: included "named sockbuf" and Mac OS X patch
- 2003-03-11: Mac OS X Porting Patch by Jason Toffaletti and Patch for sockbuf::setname method by me
- 2002-18-12: 1.12.8: minor changes, a RPM for RedHat 8.0 (thanks to Carles Arjona) and Debian.
- 2002-11-25: 1.12.7: moving include files to socket++/, installing info page
- 2002-11-23: 1.12.6: adding forgotten files to package.
- 2002-11-15: 1.12.5: using libtool, RPM SpecFile from Carles Arjona.
- 2002-10-13: New Version: 1.12.4: Signal Handling
- 2002-10-08: Tilman Linneweh send me three patches for FreeBSD porting, see ChangeLog.
Development version: 1.12
Goals for this version:
- removing all global variables
- include files to socket++/ (/usr/include/socket++/)
- create a shared library
- enhanced error class
- working with NewsCache
- Documentation Update (class sockerr enhencement)
RedHat 8.0: socket++-1.12.10-1.i386.rpm socket++-1.12.10-1.src.rpm
Debian (sid):socket++1_1.12.10-1_i386.deb socket++-dev_1.12.10-1_i386.deb