| || ||
The architectural history of our house spans several centuries. The oldest walls even contain stones from Roman times. The main vaults stem from the 16th century and was built after the renovation of the earlier Gothic house.
The Renaissance "hall of the knights" along with all its furnishings was sold to a Vienneese buyer in 1850. The outdoor restaurant remains sheltered from the wind within the original walls.
The coat-of-arms of the last owners - the Grimming family - still adorns the building. Today, the house is protected under the Haag Convention.
The "Stüberl" and the "Kaminstüberl" rooms still convey the typical cosy atmosphere of a traditional Austrian inn. Tradition is our motto not only as far as preserving the architectural flair of the house is concerned: our restaurant menu also offers a full range of authentic Austrian fare. Enjoy our food, wine, beer, and Gemütlichkeit - the full Austrian flair all set in a natural landscape with plenty of fresh country air.