TONC 14 Regulations
- 6-round Swiss/Luton combination with Swiss pairings in the first
4 rounds and Luton in the final 2
- Time control for the game is G/30. If both the players agree, a
longer time control, with or without increment, can be used.
Our preference would be ICC, Playchess or FICS. But playing in any
server is acceptable as long as
- it is mutually agreed upon between you and your opponent
- there is no cheating related accusation in that game
- a pgn format game file can be sent to us.
- Pairings will be posted in a separate thread in this forum
normally on late Sundays before the start of each round.
- Players with 2 forfeit loss will not be considered for future
- The game can be scheduled for any convenient, mutually agreed
upon time within the 2 weeks timeframe of each round.
- Game scheduling arrangement should be made within the first week
of each round and should be announced in the appropriate thread.
- It is White's responsibility to contact his/her opponent to
arrange to play the game. If White does not take the initiative to
contact his/her opponent within the first week, Black should notify the
TD and/or co-TD via PM.
- If the TD and/or co-TD are not notified about granting an
extension prior to the end of the round, both players receive forfeit
- If the TD deems that one player is solely responsible for not
contacting his opponent prior to the end of the round, that player
receives a forfeit loss.
- If scheduling of a game within the two weeks is not possible for
whatever reasons, an adjournment of the game is allowed on the
condition that the player(s) requiring this adjournment has no
unfinished adjourned game(s) previously required by him/her.
- The request for adjournment or time extension should be made to
the TD prior to the end of the round.
- Use appropriate thread in ChessNinja forum for each round game
announcement. Not only will this make TDs aware of the timely
scheduling of the games but will also help fans come and watch your
- Ensure that you provide all necessary details like the player
names, handles, color, playing server, date & time & time zone
and time control.
- Please be on time for your games.
- Unless specified, general rules of chess will be applied.
- A forfeit win can be claimed half hour after the scheduled time
if your opponent fails to turn up for the game.
- Players are NOT allowed to consult external sources (computer
analysis, opening books, etc) during their games.
- Remember to save or record your game.
- It is the winner's responsibility to post the game and the result
in the devoted thread.
- In case of a dispute, approach TD or co-TD via PM. Please do not
make any cheating related accusations public. TDs will have the final