|Zur deutschen Version: Auf die Fahnen klicken!
SOUNDS OF THE STONE AGE
A film by Petrus van der Let and Martin Luksan
2013 (44 min.)
Cow horns, ceramic drums, bone flutes, mouth bows, and bullroarers are just a few of the instruments that were used to make music 7000 years ago. Whether this also occurred in the ring ditches created during that time can only be a matter of speculation. The ring ditches consisted of wooden posts that were arranged in a circle and had several gates. The whole structure was surrounded by trenches dug in the earth. Various interpretations exist with regard to their function: cult sites, arenas for games, calendar structures whose gates indicated the summer and winter solstice... Some ring ditches have been reconstructed, for instance at Heldenberg (Lower Austria) or Goseck (Sachsen-Anhalt). The exact measurement of the earth’s magnetic rays means that virtual archeology can today also be visualized on the computer.
- Length: 44 min.
- Format: HDcam, Digi Beta, PAL, 16:9, stereo
- Screenplay: Martin Luksan
- Directors: Petrus van der Let, Martin Luksan
- Camera, editing: Walter Wehmeyer
- Music: Archäomusik Vienna - Beate Maria Pomberger, Albin Paulus, Bernhard Winkler
- Production: Petrus van der Let Filmproduktion in cooperation with Filmproduktion Walter Wehmeyer, Johannes Pils, ORF, BMUKK, subsidized by the Provinces of Lower Austria, Upper Austria and VAM.
- Festivals: XXV International Festival of Archaeological Film (Rovereto, Italy 7-11 October 2014);
Sounds of the Stone Age on sperimentarea.tv and Sounds of the Stone Age on archeologiaviva.tv
MEDIMED in Sitges / Spain 17-19 October 2014;
XIV International Archaeological Film Festival of the Bidasoa in Irun (Spain) 17 - 22 November 2014;
The Archaeology Channel International Film and Video Festival (15-19 May 2015) Eugene/Oregon, USA;
16 International Festival of Archaeological Films in Belgrade 19 – 25 March 2015
- Broadcast: BRalpha, 16 April 2014, 7:30pm and 17 April 2014, 9:30am
- Distribution: email@example.com
- DVD also available with English subtitles from specialist retailers, bookstores or directly from Alibri publishing www.alibri.de ; Euro 15,-
- Trailer: www.youtube.com/user/AlibriVerlag